Saturday, October 2, 2010

The City of Ember

Lina Mayfleet and Doon Harrow live in a world with no light, Ember. They are just turning 12, meaning it is time to be assigned jobs. They get the exact opposite of what they want. With an unexpected meet, they get into some trouble that Ember has never seen before. But, could there be light at the end of the tunnel?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was pleasantly surprised with this book. I loved the connection I felt immediately with Lina, and the storyline was very creative. Her characters were expertly created, and the plot kept turning sharp corners on me. If there was one thing for me, it was it took me a few chapters to really get into it. Once I did though, there was no stopping the rapid pace of the pages.
Jeanne DuPrau wrote a phenomenel book, not to mention series. This book is a keeper.


3 comments:

  1. I loved this book! I never saw the movie because I didn't want it to muck with the images in my head. :)

    The next book, The People of Sparks, was also good. Not as good as City of Ember, but still good. I haven't read the third book, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read the third book as well as the 4th, and I have to say, the 3rd one didn't please me very much. The 3rd book was more of what happened before Lina and Doon were ever on Ember, and it just made me confused. The 4th book was better, and it was better written, in my opinion. My favorites were the 1st and the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this book at the book fair today as well as The Hunger Games. I hope I like them!

    ReplyDelete