Monday, November 1, 2010

Poetry

I have been reading some poetry lately, and I just love it! I was flipping through Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein and I forgot how great it was. Readers, writers, editors, publishers, whoever is out there that loves a good novel, take a break from them this week. If you really search through poetry, you can find some beautifully written pieces. I found one of my poems from third grade the other day:
The gift of a pencil
clean yellow and true;
when it's tip hits the page,
dreams really can come true.
It's one of my older poems, but I like it.
Poetry is a language within English, and if you really look through it, you can find some magic.

1 comment:

  1. That is so beautiful!!! I love it. I will really try to search for some poetry soon. I've actually been wanting to read Shakespear all of the sudden. Probably because of those Cupid Chronicle books... Anyway, love ya'
    --Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete